2012 Awards Nomination Form
Below are the categories for the
USTA/Virginia Tennis Awards. Please review carefully and nominate any person,
club, organization, etc. that
deserves recognition for their
dedication to the game of tennis. Nominations are needed from all areas of Virginia. Proper
selections cannot be made without your input. Requirements for nominees are: 1) they must be an individual
or organizational member of the United States Tennis Association, and 2) they must
be a Virginia
nominations is Thursday, September 27, 2012.
- Volunteer of the Year: Nominations should include
individuals who have devoted many hours in support
of USTA/Virginia Tennis programs, committees, and/or
- Family of the Year: The award is recognition for the families whose enjoyment and love for the game of tennis serves as an inspiration
- Tennis on Campus
This award is given to a
student, coach and/or administrator that provides a strong leadership role
in promoting, organizing and/or supporting tennis on campus at their
college or university.
- Committee Chair of the Year: This award is to show
appreciation for the committee
chair that worked hard in
guiding their committee in setting goals and achieving them, and
maintaining communication with all committee members throughout the year.
- Tournament Director of the Year: This award honors the tournament directors
who work hard to run a smooth
tournament for both players and
spectators, as well as assist
the VT office in producing quality tournament publications for USTA members by submitting tournament
sanctions and results in a timely manner.
- Tournament of the Year: Adult or
Junior Tournament that offers
adequate court times and incentives.
- Tournament Player of the Year: The Virginia residents with the most outstanding
tournament play accomplishments during the calendar year. Awarded to
one adult and one junior
of the Year:
Adult or junior, male or
female, whose court conduct demonstrates a positive role model for other players to follow.
- League Coordinator of the Year: The nomination for this category
goes to coordinators from USTA leagues that have developed
significant growth and participation in their areas. They have
exhibited strong organizational
attention to league operations and procedures.
- Umpire of the Year: Umpire who deserves recognition
of local Umpires Association and USTA/Virginia Tennis events.
- Jr. Team Tennis Coordinator
of the Year: A
person who has developed, promoted, organized
and devoted a great deal of time to their local team tennis program.
- Coach of the Year: This person should be a high
school or collegiate tennis
coach who devotes many hours with the team and developing their game.
- Teaching Professional of the Year: This award applies to an
individual who is a certified teaching professional and devotes his/her
time to such activities as speaking at workshops,
serving on committees and boards, supporting
USTA programs, and Coaching Zonals.
- Club of the Year: A club, public or private, that provides a complete tennis
program for its members. The
club’s programs could include intra-club as well as inter-club activities
for all age groups that
promotes the game of tennis and possibly hosts a USTA sanctioned
- Organization of the Year: An organization that through
its involvement within the community promotes and grows the game of tennis
with all age groups and skill levels in the community.
- Press Award: This award is to honor those in the media who provide outstanding coverage
of tennis events in local communities, either television or newspaper.
- Dick Green Service Award: This award goes to the
volunteer with more than
fifteen years of volunteer service dedicated to the commitment of supporting tennis in Virginia.
- Community Outreach: A special event or tournament that promotes tennis in the
community, may not be associated with the USTA, but promotes the growth of
Matt Barnhart [ firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2012 [USTA Virginia Tennis]. All rights reserved.